I'm a day later getting this post out then I hoped. With all the celebration and doings last week yesterday was a catch up day and the blog got pushed to the side. It's finally done! Enjoy!
~Sunday~
Church was mostly normal... Devri loving nursery (especially singing time), Bishop Francom fulfilling his responsibilities and myself trying to stay cool and calm with the energetic Sunbeam class.
 |
| Devri helping her dad prepare for his inner city missionary training talk Sunday evening. |
~Monday~
Tonight was the annual drive in movie night that we have every year with our family that lives close by. We saw How to Train Your Dragon 2. Before the movie we had a BBQ. Here is a picture of the 2 years olds playing in the playhouse at Grandma and Grandpa Francom's house during the BBQ.
 |
| Norah, Devri, and Faith |
 |
| Devri and Faith patiently waiting for the show |
 |
| Devri front and center |
 |
| Lilly, Melissa, Zac, Scott, Angie, and Tom |
 |
| Girl Cousins |
 |
Sportin her PJ's
~Tuesday~
Tuesday was stay at home day (a.k.a. catch up day). Here are some cute pictures of Devri painting while I work on my computer...
|
~Wednesday~
One of my best friends from my childhood lives just north of Ogden in Farr West. It had been a long while since we had seen each other so we planned a play day.
 |
My awesome friend Liz and me
We met each other at the half-way point in Kaysville and took our kids to the Heritage Park splash pad. I planned it cause Devri had never been to a splash pad and I really wanted to take her.
Good childhood friends are special because no matter how long it been since you've seen each other or talked you can always call on them and pick up right where you left off. I had a amazing time catching up and playing with her kids. |
 |
| Us and our babes! |
 |
Devri was a little timid at first but she loved the splash pad...
|
 |
| Only minutes after we got in the car to go home she was fast asleep |
~Thursday~
This morning when I woke up Kurt said "happy anniversary"! I was a little confused at first but then remembered the day before the 4th of July was the day that Kurt and I met for the first time (9 years ago). What a good husband to remember!
Today I did seated chair massage at a law firm downtown. I took Trax since the train goes right by the office. When I was on the train a whole group of probably 30 missionaries got on. So fun to see! Missionaries definitely have a great spirit about them. Then when you get them in huge numbers it just makes me smile. I'm so happy for my brother to be coming home in less than a month and my sister to come home in less than 2 months. I walked from the trax station back home which was quite the walk!
Feeling lazy that night I convinced Kurt that we needed to officially celebrate our anniversary (of the day we met) and go to Olive Garden. I found a gift card and coupon so off we went!
~Friday~
Check out our fun Independence Day video...
We spent the weekend in Park City. Kurt's parents have a timeshare around this time of year every year. On Friday's I work in Park City so in the morning we traveled up to Park City. Kurt and Devri dropped me off at work then went shopping and to the park. After they picked me up we went and checked into the condo. Soon after that Kurt's sister's family (Angie and Tom) and Kurt's brother's family (Scott and Melissa) showed up. We made taco salad which was delicious and then went swimming. I'm so sad because I brought my camera to the pool but forgot the SD card so I didn't take any pictures on this particular swimming trip. After swimming we sat out on the lawn across the street and watched fireworks!
I didn't get very many great pictures of fireworks (Darn!)
The firework were pretty mellow compared to Idaho Falls but we were satisfied. Kurt, Devri and I stayed overnight with Angie and Tom's family.
 |
I told Gavin and Devri that I wanted to take there picture and so Devri went and sat on Gavins lap
Saturday we went swimming again with Chad's family and Angie's family and then did some shopping. |
 |
| Devri was pretty good at the squirt gun |
 |
| I just had to post this awesome picture of McKay (lookin like he is making out with the ball) |
 |
| These three are best buds forever |
 |
| I love this picture of Gavin |
 |
| Headed home with Haylee and Lia |
 |
| Super pooped |
We got home around 7:00 ate vegetable spaghetti (the noodles were spiralized zucchini) and when it got dark we went outside for Pop-Its and sparklers.
 |
| Devri's first time doing sparklers |
 |
That was our week! Thanks for reading to the end.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment