Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Career as a Massage Therapist

Change~ Never Know What Life Brings
The science of healing and health had always been a interest to me in my life. When I was at BYU-Idaho a met a couple of girls that were Massage Therapists. Those girls fascinated me! I wanted to ask them so many questions. In October of 2003 I moved to Salt Lake City and started the Professional Program at the Utah College of Massage Therapy. In School I took classes such as Anatomy, Physiology, Hydrotherapy, Acupressure, Cranial Sacral Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Injury Massage, Shiatsu, Reflexology, Sports Massage, Russian Sports Massage, Structural Integration, and more. It was really really great time.














I Graduated in May 2004



In December of 2004 I started working in Park City with another Massage Therapist and in March of 2005 I took over over the practice(soon I will post pics). 3 1/2 years have gone by. I love my clients that I work on. It's been a huge blessing. I've been able to be involved in a lot of other things since I am able to schedule all my own appointments and have a flexible schedule. But, I'm a person who loves change. I love to experience different things and keep progressing.

Sanctuary

I am excited to say that I am now also working at the Sanctuary Day Spa at the Gateway and South town mall in Salt Lake. This is probably one of the nicest spas in Salt Lake. For now I will be working Tuesday Mornings, Weds and Thursdays in Park City. I will be working Monday's, Tuesday Nights, Friday and Saturday's at Sanctuary.
I started Monday and so far it's been really good. Monday was mostly a training day and I got a facial(one of the perks for working in a spa). Yesterday I picked up the morning shift at Sanctuary as well as the night and did seven massages(that is about my max, I honestly can say I don't think I have ever once done more then that in one day). Today I worked in Park City and did seven hours of massage. That, my friend, is a lot of massage. I did 14 hours of just massaging in 2 days(not including down time in between and set up)! It really was not to bad. Most would think I was crazy. But, I feel good at the progress. I'm also excited to see us getting ahead better financially, building our emergency saving better and wiping out our consumer debt(Which is probably what we teach and stress the most at Net worth Solutions). Well I better wrap this up and go to bed. Tomorrow is Thursday I didn't schedule any appointments in Park City so I picked up a shift at sanctuary. I'm actually kinda excited to go to work tomorrow. It's still all so new.
But, beware of the post that i will post in a couple weeks of how sick i am of working.:-) j/k. Well thanks for letting me do a little reminiscing. Also I wanted you to all know what was up.

1 comment:

Kendall and Katy said...

Congratulations Alanna on the new job!! Sounds like fun. I haven't talked to you in a while and now I can see why. You are one busy girl!