Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Minneapolis, Minnisota

We got spoiled in September and got to go on two vacations. The 15th- 20th of September Kurt's work had their annual Grand Convention in Minneapolis Minnesota. Since I had been to conventions in the past I wanted to go along.

As soon as we got there from the airport we went to our hotel and then we went to eat with Kurt's department.
Sitting beside Kurt is Derek Cullimore (co-worker/bishop/neighbor/one of his best friends)

The first night we went to the Twins Baseball Game with lots of people Kurt works with.


The next day while Kurt worked to get ready for convention I toured the city and went to the Mall of America(US Biggest Mall)!

These are the friends that I met on the train. Young Living Distributors from Costa Rica

At the Mall of America this is the amusement park in the center of the mall.

Then surrounding the amusement park in a circle are three levels of stores and stores and more stores.

I was there 7 hours and I didn't even walk though half of it!

That evening we had a reception kick off to Welcome Everyone.


The next day the festivities and learning started.

Bishop Cullimore on the big screen.

Every night there was some event going on in the Product Expo. These are the Ningxia Red Dancers dancing at the Ningxia Red Bar.
Kurt working at the Bar.

My favorite was the Oxygen Bar. They had essential oils in the oxygen grapefruit, frankincense, Breath again and Peace and Calming. It was the best.



Another thing that I got to do at convention was work at the Young Living Spa. It was actually really fun. It was awesome because the clients know how beneficial the product are and just loved every minute of the treatment. I did a treatment call the Raindrop Technique.

The very last night was very fun. These are some the girls I got to know. Went went shopping then got all dresses up for the last night Extravaganza.

Our feet were so tired. We are walked back to our hotel in the Skywalk. The skywalks were cool. They were bridges that went from building to building downtown so that you didn't have to go outside. It only took 5 mins to walk to our hotel from the convention center.

The End

1 comment:

Sare said...

Is it weird to say that I've always wanted to visit the Mall of America? I don't even like malls- I guess it's just the idea of a mall THAT big that intrigues me. You're so lucky you got to see it. :)